On Mar 13, 2013, at 9:36 AM, Shlomo Sanders <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

How can linking to RDF actually work in real life if each group has their on vocabulary?

Well, you align the vocabularies through RDFS, OWL, or something similar.

Good RDF In and display in browser, sure that will work.
But programmatic use of the data when there is no standard (or even close to a standard) vocabulary?

Well, this is exactly why one would propose RDF, simply because you *can* explicitly align the vocabularies.  The downside is that it would require a fair amount of inference/reasoning to work, which is currently fairly unrealistic (not impossible, just unrealistic for widespread adoption) which I don't expect to change any time in the near future.

-Ross.

Thanks,
Shlomo

Sent from my iPad