From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michele R Combs
Sent: donderdag 21 maart 2013 18:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Finding aids as a wiki?

Has anyone experimented with publishing EAD finding aids and/or EAC records as a wiki?  For example, we could process all 2000+ of our finding aids and output a wiki with a page for each collection as well as for each person, with all the desired categories and interconnecting links that wikis are so good at.  Plus you'd get the ease of comment/discussion that also comes with the wiki software.  Seems like it would be a fun experiment.

I'm pretty sure somebody has already done this but I can't seem to find any examples.  Anybody know of one?

Michele
Michele Combs
Lead Archivist
Special Collections Research Center