VIAF is in Freebase too.

Ralph

From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Custer, Mark
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Batch Searching Authority Files

Hi Daniel,

I'd suggest trying out Google Refine (now Open Refine):
https://code.google.com/p/google-refine/.  The following slideshare
offers some details about my own process, some of which I have since,
well, refined:
http://www.slideshare.net/steganogram/approaching-authority-a-preliminar
y-implementation-of-encoded-archival-context-eaccpf-at-east-carolina-uni
versity

Additionally, now that OCLC is adding VIAF numbers to Wikipedia entries,
some of those VIAF IDs might be even easier to get at since everything
in DBpedia should presumably wind up in the Freebase database, too (the
only importance there is that the Freebase database was very tightly
integrated into G. Refine, so it made those queries and responses even
easier to implement pretty quickly).

Mark