Phone: (501)257-4134

Job Title:Librarian (Biological and Medical Sciences)

Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs

Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Job Announcement Number:KL-13-EER-854465

SALARY RANGE:

$60,681.00 to $78,883.00 / Per Year

OPEN PERIOD:

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 to Monday, March 25, 2013

SERIES & GRADE:

GS-1410-11

POSITION INFORMATION:

Full Time - Permanent

DUTY LOCATIONS:

1 vacancy in the following location:
Dallas, TX United StatesView Map<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/339507600>

WHO MAY APPLY:

United States Citizens

JOB SUMMARY:

Vacancy ID: 854465

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.

If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans. The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").

America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.

KEY REQUIREMENTS

 *   You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
 *   Subject to a background/suitability investigation.

DUTIES:
Back to top<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/TopofPage>

This position is located at the VA North Texas Health Care System in Dallas, Texas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:

Order and claim processes of both print and electronic material. Lead and direct daily circulation activities. Develop, recommend, and monitor the Library Service budget. Manage programs and services to be offered by the Library Service. Evaluate and select new monographic and audiovisual materials. Determine parameters and details of the research question in order to obtain information requested. Answer a wide range of complex and comprehensive reference questions. Review and make recommendations for revision and implementation of program guidelines, policies, and operating procedures. Research various National Library of Medicine databases as well as medical libraries from throughout the world.  Network with both United States and foreign libraries to locate rare and hard-to-fine materials, including those only available from highly specialized foreign institutions. Search and locate information in books, journals, publications, abstract, thesis, dissertations and research projects. Add new material and delete old material in the computerized database/library catalog. Maintain a Selected Dissemination of Information Program to assist medical center staff of changed and developments. Search information for professional medical and administrative staff using national automated data systems. Use the Serials Control and Cataloging Module to control journal, book and e-resources acquisitions. Compile and analyze statistics and prepare necessary reports. Supervise the filing of catalog cards to maintain and up-to date shelf list, as well as a computerized database of all holdings.

Work Schedule:  Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

 ***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/339507600