Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Good Afternoon All,

I posted an email several months back about problems we were experiencing in getting our KM PS5000C book scanner to work once we converted to Windows 7. After long last, we finally resolved the issue and in the interest of helping those who may experiencing similar problems, I thought I'd provide an update. We purchased our scanner through a Maryland Konica Minolta distributor (in this case, NMS Imaging).  NMS worked tirelessly with us and KM and got us up and running by a firmware prong upgrade from KM.  Once KM sent the properly configured prong (which took a few tries because the book scanner they were testing it on was an upgraded model from our PS5000C) and provided the proper driver, the scanner became operational once again.

If you are experiencing scanner issues with KM products, I suggest you contact your local dealer to see if a firmware upgrade works for you. Thank you to all who took the time to respond to my original email.  This listserv has many knowledgeable members who are always willing to lend a hand!

Leanna Bush
Library Technician
US Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense
3100 Ricketts Point Road
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010-5400 USA
410-436-4135 (Phone)
410-436-3176 (Fax)