I recall Ward Marston telling us at his talk at ARSC-NY that he intended to
revisit and redo those Bell Labs recordings, and as Mike said, he played us
a sample as redone.  The LP's might have been his first big restoration
project.  I recall there was an issue getting the timing of the two
channels exactly together.  That is of course much easier to do on the
computer today.  I hope he will redo those items.

Best,
John Haley