----- Original Message ----
From: John Haley <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, April 10, 2013 4:03:32 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Terrific 1970 Interview with Stokowski

I recall Ward Marston telling us at his talk at ARSC-NY that he intended to
revisit and redo those Bell Labs recordings, and as Mike said, he played us
a sample as redone.  The LP's might have been his first big restoration
project.  I recall there was an issue getting the timing of the two
channels exactly together.  That is of course much easier to do on the
computer today.  I hope he will redo those items.

Due to my interest in odd ball repertoire, I had a recent exchange with Ward
about those recordings...I was looking for Stokowski doing the Lopatnikoff 1st
Symphony. He said something to the effect that he wanted to redo them. When I
asked him when...he said...well....

Karl