Funding for such a project should be available but probably not without
missionary work. PBS might be a suitable outlet but they should only be
offered a completed program, fully funded. Otherwise, as you suggest, the
chances of something good originating there is doubtful, to say the least.

This technical milestone has interested engineers of my acquaintance for
more than fifty years. While focussing on WECO, at least a "sidebar" should
discuss the coeval research by Blumlein and the audible products of it.

DDR

--
1006 Langer Way
Delray Beach, FL 33483