Don't feel bad, David.  We worked hard to make it seem convincing.

I got really interested in working with my friends on it after
thinking about whether a completely digital fabrication of artifacts
could really work, particularly with the recording being output from a
computer program rather than a live pianist.

Something like this would be a good exercise for archival or history
students to learn about approaches to determining if something is
authentic.