I agree with Richard.  I have seen quite a bit of this recently with Ampex
456.  And it does make a real mess.  I am also finding BASF and AGFA doing
this too.  They all appear to be slightly too wide for the tape path.

I have been baking for much longer periods also, 3 days would be normal for
me now.

Good luck.

Marie