--- On Mon, 4/1/13, John Schroth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> From around $400-$500 for a very good quality
> transfer to standard def or high def video file to several
> thousand dollars (and more) for 2K+ film scanning (assuming
> we're talking about a 16mm film that as approximately an
> hour in length).

So, it's possible to get 2400' transferred to high-def
(say, 1080p) for $500?  That's a pleasant surprise!  Most
places I've seen (which are usually aimed at "consumers")
are charging somewhere in the range of 5 cents a foot.
This is really good to hear because I've got about a
half dozen 1600' reels of film I've been hoping to get
transferred before they start to fade, but I thought I'd
be looking at almost $1000 a reel.  $500 is still more
than I can afford now, but at least I'm half way there. :-)