I live in Philly where we have a dozen used record stores but only ONE
store that celebrates RSD and it's mostly rock issues. So I don't go.

I sold my Last Waltz CD set on Amazon about three years ago got bored with
it.

I got the CD version of the Charlie Poole from Tompkins Square and
submitted my review for my June column. It's interesting. But- as I point out in
my review - TSR is trying to get everyone to buy DIGITAL and said there will
be  no more physical copies going out to Media Folks (that kills a lot of
Folk DJ  play for them as DJs want physical CDs.). Go figure. Meanwhile
Marshall Wyatt  who released WONDERFUL "Cluck Old Hen" Cd - is so analog, he
doesn't accept  credit cards, just checks (But you can find the Cd on Amazon that
does take  CCds!).

My take on RSD is that it's to make money for the record companies, not the
 stores. And the day after RSD, most customers don't return and spend their
time  reselling the stuff on Ebay. In a few years Sound Archives are going
to have to  catalog these "promos" as RSD items.

Just my take.

Steve

In a message dated 4/23/2013 10:09:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,