While we are discussing this horror, several things to remember:

A good deal of cultural property is kept in the Iron Mountain limestone
mine in rural NE Pennsylvania. I think the Corbus Collection of images
is there and there is a large amount of audio-video there as well.
Additional material is stored in a Salt Mine somewhere in Kansas, if I
recall correctly.

I don't know how "bombproof" the vaults are at the NAVCC in Culpepper,
Virginia, but a good deal of our recorded heritage (audio and video)
that is held by the Library of Congress is located there.

But there is other good news:
http://www.hiroshimasyndrome.com/radiation-the-no-safe-level-myth.html
   shows that there is some benefit to low-level radiation, called hormesis
http://k1project.org/weapons/hiroshima-and-nagasaki-the-long-term-health-effects/
   does not mention hormesis, it does say that Hiroshima and Nakasaki
came back
   to life faster than expected.

Let's hope nothing happens. I doubt Mr. Un has a missile with enough
range to hit North America (well, maybe Attu).

Regards,

Richard