Gedzuindheit (old WWII joke.)

Steve Smolian

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard L. Hess
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 4:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Nuclear War

While we are discussing this horror, several things to remember:

A good deal of cultural property is kept in the Iron Mountain limestone mine
in rural NE Pennsylvania. I think the Corbus Collection of images is there
and there is a large amount of audio-video there as well.
Additional material is stored in a Salt Mine somewhere in Kansas, if I
recall correctly.

I don't know how "bombproof" the vaults are at the NAVCC in Culpepper,
Virginia, but a good deal of our recorded heritage (audio and video) that is
held by the Library of Congress is located there.

But there is other good news:
http://www.hiroshimasyndrome.com/radiation-the-no-safe-level-myth.html
   shows that there is some benefit to low-level radiation, called hormesis
http://k1project.org/weapons/hiroshima-and-nagasaki-the-long-term-health-eff
ects/
   does not mention hormesis, it does say that Hiroshima and Nakasaki came
back
   to life faster than expected.

Let's hope nothing happens. I doubt Mr. Un has a missile with enough range
to hit North America (well, maybe Attu).

Regards,

Richard

On 2013-04-05 3:27 PM, James Roth wrote:
> Hm-m-m.  You think we [all] deserve to be blown up?
> The most cynical thing I can say is "Ok, but leave our recordings intact".
> That way, the E.Ts. that visit earth after we've been eliminated might
have something beautiful to enjoy.