Taking liberty to apply knowledge acquired with film, I think it's some
sort of feedback loop, where a bad tape aggravates itself the more time
stored with SSS. The longer it sits like that on a shelf the deeper the
goo goes. With analog I'm quite certain we will have playback machines
around but if tapes take weeks to dry out, the cost per hour would
probably make many archives (not to mention individuals) decide to leave
them to rot.

Shai

בתאריך 01/04/13 10:41 PM, ציטוט Tom Fine:
> Any theories as to why baking times are increasing?
>
> Also, are you finding you need the longer baking times for re-bakes as
> well as first-time bakes?
>
> -- Tom Fine
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie O'Connell" <[log in to unmask]>

>>> 456.  And it does make a real mess.  I am also finding BASF and AGFA