From: "David Crosthwait" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] remanence decay and tape aging

May I chime in on this from a videotape perspective?

"Are you agreeing with my theory that sticky-shed tapes will go sticky no matter how they are
stored?".  Yes.

"Also, do you think they go back to being sticky after being baked, now matter how they are stored?"
Yes although those in the 50/50 temperature/humidity range seem to not revert back to stickiness
quite as fast as those in higher numbers than 50/50.

In my opinion, tapes stored in humid environments almost always tend to be more sticky than those in
dryer areas. Basements, Southeast U.S., Philippines etc. are examples of humid environments.

Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Videotape transfers and more!