 -----Original Message-----
From: Doug Pomeroy
> I have never experimented with various cleaning fluids to
> remove grease pencil from shellac and lacquer discs.
> Any suggestions?  Doug Pomeroy  Audio Restoration and Mastering Services

No suggestions beyond all those mentioned already, but I do want to say
that you looked VERY impressive in your face mask cleaning the lacquer
disc in yesterday's installment on PBS of Michael Feinstein's American
Songbook.  I think it will make a lasting impression on all viewers of
the (dangerous?) work that goes into recorded sound restoration.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]