cloud:
I have been using Blackblaze to backup my laptop (windows) on the
cloud for a while now. Relatively low-cost, low pain, automatic and
seems fool proof. If I remember correctly, it backs up all external
drives connected to one pc for ~$4 bucks a month (they call that
unlimited). It might work as your RAID/NAS in the cloud. Of course, it
takes a while to upload big chunks of data, so not sure it works for
you.

see: http://www.backblaze.com/

(Another possibility would be the relatively new Amazon Glacier
service, of course.)

One way to backup to your NAS/RAID/local drive regularly:

I am not using anything automatic for backing up on my NAS. But I
recommend using synchronization software for copying/moving large
amounts of data. SyncToy is a free microsoft product (last I checked)
that does that.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155

It's about as good as some other commercial and more expensive
products that I checked some years ago. It has the advantage of being
easy to learn (since it does only syncing).

Here are instructions for how to automatize it and run it in regular
intervals: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/25046/schedule-synctoy-to-run-automatically-with-task-scheduler-in-windows-7/

I didn't try them, but it looks reasonable.

best
maurice