From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Ramm
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 7:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] ARSC Conference 2013: Some General Questions for the LAC Committe

Sandy and Wendy and Chuck:

Thanks for your previous posts in response to Rainer's questions. Since we are only three weeks away, I have a few questions that I'm sure the answers  would be of interest to others attending. They are basically logistics, and I  don't think are on the Conference Web site:

I know the Marriott is  one part of town (last time I was there was  the last ARSC Conference in KC where we stayed at the Westport Inn). And many of us won't have cars. We can carpool to meals I guess - though Friday night is the  only night without a reception.

So, for those that are coming in early or want to get away for a few hours during the conference and see sights, what is within reasonable walking distance  (say 20 minutes or so) or can be reached easily on frequent public transport  without changing many buses)?

I used your Restaurant guide and looked at "BBQ and other" near Country Club Plaza. I certainly recognized about 80% of them 'cause they are major chains which have locations in Philly and other major cities. For those of us who want the "Kansas City Experience" (Isn't that why we are there?, Could you  (the group of you and others on ARSClist from the area) give us a "subjective"  list of local places (hey I could do BBQ every day! - Last great BBQ was in  Rochester last year!) that we wouldn't know about. There should be some good  like steak places for some and I'm sure a few might want vegetarian. I for one would love a real BBQ joint (Gates, Bryants, or the other place mentioned) But I  fear they are not close.

Also ice cream! (I still remember the place in Westport though not sure in business.)

And, for the newbies to KC are there special local foods BESIDES BBQ that you would recommend. (Hey, you folks came to Philly and I got you to the right  cheese steak and hoagie places and found you real Philly soft pretzels.) . So  please editorialize away! we're in your town!

Thanks so much. See many of you in three weeks. And don't forget to register!

Steve Ramm