This article neglects to mention the first bossa nova record made by an American - a 78 issued in Brazil on the Philips label featuring Billy Eckstine singing Jobim's "A Felicidade," which was recorded some time in 1960, almost two years before the Getz/Byrd "Jazz Samba" efforts and Herbie Mann's work with Baden Powell and Sergio Mendes in October 1962.  I will be discussing this record during my ARSC presentation next month.

Cary Ginell