Bernhard, maybe it is a misunderstanding. Both RDF/XML and Turtle are a
syntax for RDF:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/
http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/

RDF parsers should understand both (and there is also N-Triples, which
is another common RDF syntax, mainly used for internal tests and
documented at http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/).

Jörg