Dear Carsten
and all others,

I would like to bring your attention to the ISO standard for exchange of holdings:

ISO 20775:2009 Information and documentation -- Schema for holdings information

This standard contains an abstract model for holdings information and a serialization in pure XML. ISO 20775 covers more information than MARC21 Holdings and is focussed on exchange of information

Tha standard itself can be purchased at ISO http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=39735 or the national standard institute.

The XML schema i avaiable at http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso20775/.

I would to hear more about your project and will be happy to help with reviews.

Best regards,

Leif Andresen

Danish Agency for Culture