From: Michael Rush <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Subject: [ead] EAD Revision Alpha Release
To: SAA EAD Roundtable Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

The Technical Subcommittee for Encoded Archival Description (TS-EAD) and
the Schema Development Team welcome comments on the alpha
release<https://github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD-Revision/blob/master/ead_revised.rng>
of
the revised EAD schema.

The alpha release is a rough revision of the EAD 2002 Relax NG schema. All
major changes, barring significant further feedback, should be present.
However, it has not been thoroughly tested, DTD and W3C schema versions are
unavailable, migration tools have not been developed, and documentation is
limited. What documentation is available is either in comments in the
schema itself or in the closed
issues<https://github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD-Revision/issues?page=1&state=closed>
in
the GitHub repository <https://github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD-Revision> where the
schema is hosted.

All feedback is appreciated, be it bug reports, questions about new or
revised elements, or general concerns. As TS-EAD and the Schema Development
Team develop tools to assist with testing, we will share them with the
community.

If you are a GitHub user, please submit comments on the alpha schema as
issues <https://github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD-Revision/issues?page=1&state=open> in
the EAD Revision repository.  If you are not a GitHub user, please submit
your comments via a comment
form<http://www2.archivists.org/groups/technical-subcommittee-on-encoded-archival-description-ead/ead-revision-comments>on
the SAA website.

The deadline for comments on the alpha version of the revised EAD schema is
May 1, 2013. The beta version will be released, accompanied by
documentation and draft migration tools, on July 1, 2013, and the beta
comment period will close on September 1, 2013. The final version is
expected to be released early in Winter 2014.

Sincerely,

Mike Rush, TS-EAD Co-chair

---

You are currently subscribed to the SAA EAD Roundtable Discussion List as:

To unsubscribe or to change your list settings, please visit:
http://saa.archivists.org/scripts/4disapi.dll/4DCGI/person/ListServ.html<http://saa.archivists.org/scripts/4disapi.dll/4DCGI/person/ListServ.html?>