I am working on a semantic mapping/tagging project that relates to our EAD finding aids.  For ease of the project, we're trying to store as much information in the EAD as we can without, of course, violating the EAD standard.

I realize that we're stretching the definition of the role attribute to relate to the creator/origination rather than the collection, but I don't know how much of a problem this is.  Thoughts much appreciated.

Also, does anyone know how I might indicate that a single tagged term is related to two different vocabularies (EAC and Schema.org)?  I know it's not valid for an element to have a repeated attribute, but I'd really like to include the EAC-defined relationship (for instance, the cpfRelationType attribute) as well as the Schema.org relationship as they sometimes express distinct concepts.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Russey Roke
Digital Archivist
Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library (MARBL)
Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322
404-727-2345

prohibited.