If you had to manually select “All files” I suspect a version issue.  Earlier versions of XMetaL don’t support rng, only xsd, rlx and rld.

Michele

From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Johnson, Benjamin
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 11:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Revised EAD with XMetal

Has anyone had success running the revised EAD in Xmetal? I was trying to play with it to find any discrepancies, but keep getting the same error message. I’m using the newest version (7.0).

1.       Opened ead_revised_test_instance.xml

2.       Using XMetal pop-up box, browsed for schema

3.       Had to switch Files of type: box to "all files"

4.       Selected ead_revised.rng

5.       Got error message:  "ead_revised_test_instance.xml" could not be loaded. XML schema namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' is not declared"

Thanks,

Ben

HARVARD | BUSINESS | SCHOOL

Benjamin Johnson

Processing Archivist

Baker Library Special Collections

Knowledge and Library Services
Harvard Business School | Boston, MA 02163

T: 617.495.3688 | F: 617.495.5957 | www.library.hbs.edu/hc