Good morning educat-ers:

I am just wondering why they would make this a Graduate Assistant
position requiring
an MLS degree rather than make it a cataloging professional position.

Applicants would ideally seem to be already at your university as
admitted graduate students
as it says you must enroll in summer for one graduate credit and in
academic year 6 credits per term. Timeframe wise I'd imagine most
applicants who would be interested would already be
in the pipeline as prospective or already admitted graduate students
for next academic year.

it's a good opportunity for someone already with a Masters in Library Science
looking for a graduate assistant opportunity at Minnesota State. and
also if it is
guaranteed beyond one semester appointment.

Thank you for posting for all interested, in general ALA Placement is
coming up and a good
time to post opportunities for people

There is also a website INALJ.com  I need a library job dot com

you might also wish to post it out via Twitter also -- for all opportunities
and the Hack Library School blog -also on Twitter

AUTOCAT - still gets many who are interested in picking up some
experience too as well as seasoned cataloging/metadata people

ALCTS is a good place, and also ACRL is coming up this month in
Indianapolis where am sure many will be seeking job placement
opportunities there also esp for academic librarian careers.
some other ideas.... great to see opportunities in cataloging /
metadata education more

Happy Spring,
Karen Weaver

On 4/4/13, Bothmann, Robert L <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Library Services at Minnesota State University, Mankato has an opening for a
> cataloging graduate assistant.
>
> This is an amazing opportunity for a recent MLS graduate to get actual
> experience and a subject master's degree with tuition remission and a
> stipend!
>
> Please encourage any recent or soon-to-be graduated students to apply!
> http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/MSU-VAC_NOT/GAs-12-13/GA_Cataloging.pdf
>
> Questions welcome!
>
> Bobby

> Robert Bothmann
> Metadata & Emerging Technologies Librarian
> Associate Professor, Library Services
> Minnesota State University, Mankato
> P.O. Box 8419, ML3097
> Mankato, MN 56001
> Voice: 507-389-2010
> Fax: 507-389-5155

Karen Weaver MLS
Digital Projects Assistant, Library Systems
Duquesne University, Gumberg Library
600 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh PA 15282
Email: [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]
   Adjunct Faculty-Summer 2013 Wayne State University, Advanced
Cataloging / Classification