I have just returned from Computers in Libraries 2013 in Washington, DC.  It was a great experience and I will look at ways to apply the ideas and methods I encountered in our library here at AFRL/RI in Rome, NY.  I posted my notes for each session I attended on my blog. The link to the posts is:

http://billdrewlibrarian.wordpress.com/tag/cil2013/

After I get my head above water with over 320 emails to get through, I will be writing a report and also updating posts with what I took away from each one.  I have done that in some of them already.

I met several military libraries and many federal librarians.  Thank you to those that took the time to introduce yourselves to me.

//SIGNED//

Wilfred (Bill) Drew

Croop-LaFrance, Inc.

Technical Librarian

AFMC/AFRL/RIOIL

Tech Library: http://go.usa.gov/YVQB

Rome Research Site

Phone: (315) 330-7608

Email: [log in to unmask]

My milBook: http://go.usa.gov/YVQe

Military Librarians milBook: http://go.usa.gov/gNjH

"Google can bring you back 100000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one." -- Neil Gaiman

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Croop-LaFrance, the Air Force, the Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government.