Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, April 24th from 10:00 to 11:15 am for a training session entitled "Legislative History Research on Lexis Advance" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

Lexis Advance delivers an unmatched set of legal, news, business and analytical content that professionals trust. Content is delivered within a single intuitive interface that includes: pre- and post-filters, folders for storing and sharing, research history, alerts and 24/7 customer support. Lexis Advance includes exclusive tools such as integrated results from the open Web where users can search the open Web along with content from Lexis simultaneously; and a visual and intuitive Workplace Carousel interface that enables the user to store search history, save recent and favorite filters, access work folders, set up alerts and access customer service. Attendees to this training program will learn how to use Lexis Advance to find materials needed to complete a legislative history. These include materials like the Statutes at Large, Congressional Record, and House and Senate Reports, all used to find the intent behind a piece of legislation. This class will be taught by a LexisNexis representative.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in Washington.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

Please note that this class is also being offered to remote users as a simultaneous online webinar via WebEx. Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to register for WebEx access to the program.

You may also contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program. For information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/training.cfm.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on April 24th!

George Franchois
Director
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240

New e-mail address: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796