One of the most fundamental skills a librarian can have, no matter their
work setting, is writing. *Writing itself is such a broad topic that DC/SLA
is launching a Writing Series!*

Join us for the first installment of our *Writing Series: How to Write to
Develop a Professional Brand*. With so many writing platforms today itís
important to know the strengths and best practices for each platform. Our
panelists will help you with just that with three of the most popular
digital platforms.

*Panel:*

   - *Naomi House*, Reference Marketing and Acquisitions Librarian Census
   Bureau Library and Editor/Founder/Publisher of I Need a Library Job, will
   cover how to *blog *for a professional brand
   - *Liba T**omas*, Senior Recruiter for NPR, will talk about leveraging
   writing on *LinkedIn* to develop your brand
   - *Amy Fenning*, Senior Brand Marketing Manager with LexisNexis, will
   discuss best practices for your brand when writing on *Twitter*

*Twitter: #sladc*

*This registration is for the Brown Bag Lunch in person viewing hosted at
LexisNexisís DC Office. Seating for the in person viewing is limited,
attendees are encouraged to register early. CLICK HERE to
register<http://dc.sla.org/events/?ee=227>
.
*

*If you cannot attend in person, you can register to attend the event via
webinar <http://dc.sla.org/events/?ee=228>. *

*When: Wednesday, April 17th, 12:00 pm-1:30 pm*

--
Christopher M. Vestal
Government Consultant, LexisNexis

Guybrarian1 <https://twitter.com/Guybrarian1> on Twitter

*Like DC/SLA on Facebook* <https://www.facebook.com/DcSla>

*Follow DC/SLA on Twitter* <https://twitter.com/sladc>

*Find LexisNexis for Government on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LexisNexisforGovernment>
 *
**
"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first." --Ernestine Ulmer