On Wed, 17 Apr 2013, Adam L. Schiff wrote:

> I think you must establish each heading based on the usage of the individual
> conference, and it if it doesn't use numbering, then I wouldn't supply it.

  There are problems with that. Individual conference names themselves
("official usages") may vary all over their publications, not to mention
how they are collated (e.g. with or without numbering), and not to mention
how online sites of conferences are set up.

  Corporate bodies seem to understand the need for name-stability, but
organizers of conferences and particularly editors of proceedings have
little awareness of what they can do to us with inconsistency (I'm sure
they don't even care :)).

  And that's why trying to establish individual instances of ongoing
conferences IS more of a headache (and more work) than it is worth.

Cheers!

jgm

  John G. Marr
  Cataloger
  CDS, UL
  Univ. of New Mexico
  Albuquerque, NM 87131

     ** Forget the "self"; forget the "other"; just
consider what goes on in between. **

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.