Distribution just means that the record was sent from OCLC to the host
computer at LC and then redistributed back out to OCLC and the other
subscribers to the LC/NACO Authority File.  It doesn't imply that anyone
has looked at the records, it is just a file distribution system.

If someone at another NACO library has subsequently edited a record, then
you won't be able to replace the record with the copy you have in a save
file because the timestamp on the record will be later than the one you
have in your save file.  You'll have to rekey any further changes you
might want to make to the record.

I was unaware that any records that are supposed to be reviewed should be
added to the authority file before they are reviewed.  That seems like a
bad workflow with potential to introduce errors.

Records in the review file that are in danger of expiring can just be saved again and resubmitted so that you don't lose them.

Adam Schiff

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries