Aloha,

We have discovered a number of RDA-ified name/title NARs in which an initial statement of responsibility has been omitted from the preferred title. An example is n  85245070 (which gives the 100 as "Gardner, Helen, $d -1946. $t Art through the ages" and a 400 as "Gardner, Helen, $d -1946. $t Gardner's art through the ages"). Doubtless some of these records were updated automatically as part of phase 2.

There seems to be no RDA instruction corresponding to
the AACR2 and LCRI 25.3B rules about omitting an initial statement of responsibility from the (preferred) title of the work. At 6.27.1.2, RDA gives the example
"Ebert, Roger. Roger Ebert’s movie yearbook" for an annual compilation of Ebert’s film reviews and interviews.

Are such NARs simply incorrect? Should we update these NARs when we encounter them?

Thanks.

Nancy
--
Nancy Sack