Robert

The new LC-PCC-PS for 9.19.1.4 was posted here a few weeks ago:

New Authority Records

LC practice/PCC practice for Optional addition: Apply the option to provide a fuller form of name if a part of the forename or surname used in the preferred name is represented by an initial or an abbreviation, if the cataloger considers it important for identification. Add unused forenames or surnames only if needed to distinguish one access point from another (see RDA 9.19.1.4).

Existing Authority Records

LC practice/PCC practice for Optional addition: Unless otherwise changing an existing heading (e.g., conflict), do not change an existing AACR2 or RDA heading merely to add or remove a fuller form of name.

Regards

Richard

Richard Moore

Authority Control Team Manager