One more point about that: if you’re going to add both, you will have a VERY  long list of 7XX fields for some books!

Ted

From: Ted P Gemberling
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:42 PM
To: Program for Cooperative Cataloging ([log in to unmask])
Subject: Title added entries in RDA

Watching the LC training materials for RDA, I believe a trainer said to add 740’s for analytical titles as well as 700 12 $t’s. Is that mandatory, or only helpful if particular cataloging softwares don’t make the $t searchable? My library’s software, Horizon, doesn’t make $t’s retrievable in the OPAC (though it does in what we call the “Staffpac”). But I thought we’d been instructed in the library world that 700 t’s were more correct than 740’s in most instances.

Ted P. Gemberling

Historical Collections Cataloger

UAB Lister Hill Library, rm. 234B

1720 Second Ave. South