Hi Ted,

Here is how the NACO RDA review process works, as I outline in the mandatory post-training webinars:

1) When you have records ready for review, you submit them to the OCLC Connexion Online Save File (if you are an OCLC member) and then notify me or (this applies to you since you are a NACO Medical Funnel member) your funnel coordinator; the notification is necessary because there is no automatic notification when you add records for review;

2) A NACO RDA reviewer is assigned, and that person mentors you through the short review period;

3) In exceptional circumstances, if a NACO record is accidently added to the LC/NACO Authority File before review, the review takes place at the post-contribution stage. But that is not the standard method of review;

4) Once a record is added to the LC/NACO Authority File, it can be edited/updated by any NACO member.

I see approximately 40 NACO review records from the University of Alabama Health Sciences Library (OCLC code ABH) in the Online Save File. Please confirm that these records are yours and are in need of review, and I will assign you a reviewer.

Everyone, I am glad that Ted raised this issue, since it is a good opportunity to remind those of you under RDA NACO review that you must notify me ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or the NACO account ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or you funnel coordinator (if you are a NACO funnel member) when you have your first RDA NACO records ready for review. I will assign you a reviewer and then the review process begins.

Best regards,

Paul

Paul Frank
Cooperative Programs Section
Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20540-4230
202-707-1570