From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Morris S Levy
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] RDA access points for a libretto to a musical

Good morning.  Here's the title of a libretto in our collection (and in 814 other libraries, according to WorldCat):

Funny girl : a new musical / book by Isobel Lennart from an original story by Miss Lennart ; music by Jule Styne ; lyrics by Bob Merrill.

Under AACR2, the main heading is the composer (Styne) with the uniform title "Funny girl. Libretto".  Under RDA, the composer is entered as an additional access point with the relationship designator "Libretto for (work)".  But what about Lennart and Merrill?  Are the book and lyrics considered separate works in addition to the music and therefore all three should have author/title authority records for "Funny girl"?  Should Lennart or Merrill be entered in the 100 field?

Thank you for your help,
Morris

Morris S. Levy
Senior Music Cataloger