I have a vision of a future in 5, more likely 10, years where I'll send my
database out for <linked?> authority work and to automagically change
descriptive elements from AACR2 to RDA.  I think this kind of system will
work better for popular, not research, public libraries.  I think that
because popular public libraries have greater turnover of material and are
not preserving older material.  Still, it won't be perfect, but part of
what will drive such a decision is a better record display from having the
consistent data.  I can't see my ILS trying to reconcile 245 $h and 336,
337, 338 to give me the same icon for type of material, and I can't see
BIBFRAME reconciling these different MARC data elements as well.

But, first we get to see the ugly of my ILS trying to get its SQL for MARC
to line up with its SQL for BIBFRAME. Good times!

Douglas E. Williams

Technical Services Manager

Campbell County Public Library

901 E 6th St.