Stephen's case of the 520, to my mind, shows what it means to transition
from records (where we assume that all data in the record was created by
the cataloger who created the record, and it's mainly text) to
statements (which will be usable individually and therefore need
provenance information). If you think of the 520 as existing on the web
with a link to what it describes, then 1) it's easy to see that it will
have a URL of its own and 2) you no longer have the context of the
record, therefore you will want to provide whatever information is
necessary to make sense of it, e.g. who authored it, and who linked it.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net