Would it help to define an annotation property "bodyCreator".

  So if the publisher created the publisher description and the library of
congress asserted the annotation:

http://annotation

bf:PublisherDescription ;

bf:annotates

http://instance ;

bf:annotationAssertedBy

(Library of Congress)

bf:BodyCreator

(publisher)

Or if a third party created the publisher description:

http://annotation

bf:PublisherDescription ;

bf:annotates

http://instance ;