On 16/05/13 20:41, Owen Stephens wrote:

>>> -- The conceptual notion of the "Final report" would be a BIBFRAME Work (with IFLA as the creator).  This page - http://archive.ifla.org/VII/s13/frbr/frbr_current_toc.htm - which is basically the landing page for the *entire* report would be an Instance of that Work.  However, the page you direct to in your question is not the same as the link I provided.  Your link is to a distinct chapter of that Work.  One option for the model would be to create a BIBFRAME Work resource for the chapter, which, being a BIBFRAME Work, would have an Instance (represented by your link).  There would be a defined relationship between the BIBFRAME Work for the entire report to the BIBFRAME Work for Chapter 3.  We've been experimenting with this idea.
>>
>> The concept of chapters of a Work being different Works from their parent Work when and only when carried by a particular carrier worries / confuses me deeply; I'll certainly follow your experiments with interest.
>
> I'm confused - where does Kevin say that the chapter is only a Work when carried by a particular carrier?

In the example in the primer, the print, PDF and HTML versions are
published by IFLA in pretty standard contemporary forms. But only the
HTML form is represented in BIBFRAME in such a way that front-matter is
a distinct Work from the content-carrying chapters.

The comments by Kevin appear to support the position that this is the
current state of play for BIBFRAME.

cheers
stuart
--