From:  Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Monday, May 20, 2013 10:40 AM
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Re: [BIBFRAME] Instance of ISBNs in MARC records

 Another interesting piece of data:

 For eBooks, if they are distributed by different vendors (Amazon v. iTunes,
etc.), each VENDOR provides a different ISBN. So the exact same thing gets
more than one ISBN. Also, every different eBook format from the same vendor
is supposed to have a different ISBN: PDF, ePub, Mobi, etc. So as we go more
digital, the number of ISBNs expands soars!

 kc