On 5/25/13 11:04 AM, J. McRee Elrod wrote:
> It seems to me if authority data is not to be stored in each library,
> but rather the local library is to have URIs for authorities
> elsewhere, those URIs must be to a national or international source.
> If Stanford has a Harvard URI, what happens if Harvard withdraws all
> works and instances linked to that URI, and thus removes the
> authority?

Mac, I would advise not spending too much time worrying about this kind
of thing. Everyone doing sharing has the same problems, not just
libraries, and between technology (like versioning and caching) and the
social agreement about sharing, this is not that hard of a problem. In
fact, many of the methods that would be needed are working already today
on the Web. Not perfectly, but the key thing is that there are many
minds working on this problem.

kc

--
Karen Coyle