Owen,

One other difference that I see is the typing of the target. This may
not be a vital difference since such typing is non-mandatory (for
whatever mandatory means in the open world of linked data, but that's a
whole other question I have about the OA model). OA uses dctypes, like
"text," "image," "sound." Even for OA I question whether these are
sufficiently granular to be useful ("image" and "sound" can be a whole
plethora of actual digital file types).

As I read the BIBFRAME diagrams, the annotations are intended to
annotate the major "things" of the BIBFRAME world. Will it be useful to
type these as targets? And what would those types be? One possibility is
that "Work" "Instance" and "Authority" are defined as target types for
BIBFRAME use. Another, more general one is that the type is simply
"graph", which is more analogous to the OA types.

The typing of hasBody might be the same as OA, but that's an hypothesis
to be tested.

Then there is the question of whether the target would ever be more
granular than W, I, A? For example, with cataloger notes, one might want
to annotate a particular descriptive statement within, say, Work.
Perhaps it is best to defer this question until more general ones are
answered.

kc

p.s. Except for Kevin I don't believe we have heard from anyone else
involved in the development of the BIBFRAME annotation draft. I would be
interesting to hear if any of this discussion is at all useful to their
thinking.

--
Karen Coyle