> Owen, the way I read SCoRO, there is an entity for the person that is the subject (left hand side of the triple) of all of the roles (in the place of defining the role in the bibliographic entity). Within the person entity, roles then point to the works. This is actually something that some of us have proposed as an authority format in the past -- that the author authority entry should have links to the works.
>
> SCoRO has some very complex relationships to handle and their structure is therefore pretty deep. However, in fact what I believe they have essentially done is switch the triple:
>
> BookA -> has author -> PersonB

> PersonB -> isAuthorOf -> BookA

You are correct in the direction of the relationship, but the thing I was really getting at was the additional layer. SCoRO actually does something more like:

PersonB -> hasRole -> Role1
Role1 -> isAuthorOf -> BookA

Which is not dissimilar to what Tom was proposing I think?

> It still doesn't solve our problem of roles without URIs, which cannot be in that middle position in the triple.

SCoRO itself limits the types of relationship that can be used, but the structure would allow you to adopt something closer to Tom's proposal

Owen