I had that question, and I'll add another one or three. :)

Both Shlomo's and Roy's data show records with 4 ISBNs within the top 4 places.  For Shlomo, 4 ISBNs is in 4th; records with 4 ISBNs are in third for OCLC (comfortably ahead of those records with 1 ISBN).  How many of those records with 4 ISBNs represent coupled ISBN-10 and ISBN-13 pairs for the hardback and paperback?

Perhaps that is not permitted in OCLC - I don't know if paperback/hardback distinction merits a new record in OCLC.

If the high number of 2 ISBNs does not reflect the coupling of ISBN-10 and -13 pairs, might those records with 2 ISBNs represent simple hardback/paperback distinction?

Yours,
Kevin