+1

From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laura Krier
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BIBFRAME] re-using existing properties (was http://bibframe.org/documentation/bibframe-authority/ and the "lightweight abstraction layer")

On May 22, 2013, at 2:22 AM, Owen Stephens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

re: re-using other properties

+1 but feel this ship has already sailed - previous replies have been clear that BIBFRAME/LoC want to control the namespace.

I'm not sure we should let this one go quite so easily. Not re-using existing properties reducing a lot of the benefit and purpose of using a linked data model in the first place. I haven't seen any reasoning from LoC that I agree with about why they are making this decision. And I think they've been very open to community opinion and input to date.

Does anyone else agree that this might be worth pushing harder against?

Laura

--

Laura Krier

Metadata Analyst