From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ross Singer
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] New MARC

On May 30, 2013, at 4:27 PM, Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This D2RQ thing is just a red herring. Moving to linked data is not just a matter of taking our current data and outputting it in a different serialization. In fact, my fear is that we will do just that if we develop BIBFRAME as a "new version of MARC." Sure, we can write programs to turn MARC into triples -- but that won't get us an active place in the linked data cloud.

+1 - a graph full of literals isn't a tremendous improvement over, say, marcxml.

-Ross.

kc