I've seen the dynamic that Ross describes for a very long time. The current
version includes librarians who don't know what the hell they want
(mostly), looking for innovation and leadership from vendors. The vendors
are waiting for the librarians to articulate what they want.  Ergo, nothing
happens and everyone is incredibly frustrated.

FWIW, I don't think BibFrame looks like a game-changer in this situation,
but I'd be perfectly happy to be wrong in this assessment.

Diane
"Always the skeptic"