Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, May 29th from 10:00
to 11:15 am EDT for a training session entitled "Federal Legislative
History Research Using Library Resources" part of our series of free
training sessions at the DOI Library.

In order to find the legislative intent of a bill or public law,
researchers need to compile reports, testimony, debate, and other
materials related to that piece of legislation to find keys as to what
Congress hoped to accomplish by passing the bill. The final
compilation of all these materials provides the researcher with a
"legislative history" of the bill or law in question and hopefully
will answer the question of what Congress intended with this
legislation. Attendees will learn how to use print and electronic
resources available in the DOI Library to conduct legislative history
research. Included will be a look at how to put together a legislative
history using Library resources such as the Congressional Information
Service indexes, U.S. Congressional Serial Set (print and online
editions), Congressional Record, HeinOnline, and the LexisNexis
Congressional Hearings and Research Digital Collections. This program
will be conducted by Reference Librarian Jennifer Klang.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in
the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
Washington.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the
following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

You may also contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by
e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program.
For information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we
encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at
http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/training.cfm.

We hope to see you on May 29th!

George Franchois
Director
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240

New e-mail address: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796