From: Center for the Book state centers communication [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Iowa Center for the Book Coordinator
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Hello from Iowa!

Dear colleagues,

I hated to miss our annual meeting, but have been under the weather. What were some of the highlights? For those of us who couldn’t join you, we’d love to hear your news.

I was extremely happy when Cathy confirmed that LAL is back full strength for 2014. Our high school teachers have been waiting for that good news.

Last year some of you asked about documents related to how we organized our “Hands-on Book Fest for Kids.” The President of Rotary of Des Moines is attempting to write up a manual. Until that is complete, here are a few items that may help you start your own festival. It is a project very much under construction.

Hope to see you all at the National Book Festival,

Robin

Robin E. Martin, MLS

Coordinator, Iowa Center for the Book

Iowa Library Services/State Library